Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WW


As I am brutally honest I will tell you I’ve joined weight watchers. The oh so little bright pink bridesmaid dress showed up and it didn’t fit and I’m not about to go spend another $235 on a bigger dress that I’ll only wear once.

I was looking for something that will hold me accountable and that doesn’t rely 100% on exercise as walks with G is about as far as I get, and even that hasn’t happened lately because it’s too damn hot outside. The program is a little pricey (Over $100 for 6 months), but the software is amazing, and the app for iphone and ipad is great.

I’ve been on weight watchers for 6 weeks and have lost 13lbs. I’m one size away from my pre-pregnancy weight 6 months after G was born. I’m about ½ way to fitting into the dress, and just under 2 months to get there. I will.

I’ve learned my portion sizes used to be WAY too big, and I paid too little attention to what was in the food I’ve been consuming. I didn’t eat enough fruits or veggies, and drank too many calories as I lived on iced tea my entire pregnancy.

What I love about weight watchers (crazy to relate that word to a weight loss program)? I love that you can still eat whatever you want, it just tells you how much of it you can eat. If I want something like popcorn or chips or fast food I have to plan for it.

I drank a ton of liquids while pregnant so it has been pretty easy to keep that up, but prior to that I’m sure I was dehydrated more than not.

The hardest part has been finding the time to look up products or finding the time to record every single thing I’ve eaten, but it has been worth it.

I signed up for 6 months of weight watchers, so I’ll keep you posted on the final results. As much as I find the Jennifer Hudson commercials annoying, it is true. If you don’t think you can lose weight – you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment