Sunday, September 30, 2012

CBCF.Org

Today was the day. The day I jumped back up on the horse and ran a race and it felt amazing. Unlike the last race I fully participated in fundraising for the cause as The Canadian Brest Cancer Foundation has become near and dear to my heart lately.

As you are aware T started a new job about a year ago and has met some great new co-workers. It was one of these co-workers who shared that his wife was fighting breast cancer. Through out the year T would update me on the situation as it was progressively getting worse, and last Monday she lost her battle. She was trying to hang on to meet her first grandchild (due this week) and didn't make it. My heart aches for her family and the battle they had to fight, and my hope is that they find strength in the amount of support that has been pouring in and the success of today's event.

Team Tough Titties (myself, G, & a friend) raised over $800! G wore pink pants with a ruffle on the butt & I ran and sang my heart out (under my breath of course) and beat my personal best time.

I know G is too young to understand what was going on. But I am sure one proud mom to add this picture to the adventures of his first year and I hope that as he grows I can instill a passion to help others.



No comments:

Post a Comment